Entities ensure their valuable assets are registered through trademarks in the form of word or logo or symbol or a combination thereof. It is one of the most efficient ways of creating a brand value enabling the customers to identify their products and differentiate them from other similar products in the store.
Trademark Registration in Delhi, India
Choosing a strong yet unique mark is the first step to a successful business proposal following with registering the mark to gain an exclusive rightThe following indicators can help decide on whether others are infringing on the company’s registered trademark:
- The entity having the registered trademark has been actively using such mark.
- Consumers are confused by similar mark available in the market by other competitors.
- The use of such similar mark by the infringer is adversely affecting the competitive position of the entity having the registered mark.
- The infringer is using the registered mark or a similar mark in a similar geographic area or market.
Trademark Lawyers in Delhi, India
However, diving into a law suit can not only be an expensive affair and time consuming as well. Hence, it should be considered as the last resort to end all the troubles. The business entity can take the following action if it suspects infringement of trademarks:
- If the product is at an early stage of development or planning stage, the business entity can file for ‘intend to use’ trademark registration clearly indicating the infringers to not prefer such similar marks.
- Using of symbols such as ® and ™ on the products or services can be persuasive preventing others from choosing similarly deceptive marks.
- As the entity becomes aware of any deceptive marks or similar products in the market affecting their market share, it can immediately send a ‘cease and desist’ order to the infringers demanding to stop using the mark.
They provide convenient solutions and ensure paramount compensation for the loss of business or other economic harm caused by such infringement.